Rowes Bay Wetland and Mundy Creek circa 1941. An
interpretation of the pools and connections to Mundy Creek are
shown in blue. The boundary of the Rowes Bay wetland reserve
is shown in red.
natural creek line disappeared in 1968 when the new, man-made
Mundy Creek that enters Rowes Bay near the caravan park was
formed. Primrose Street was once part of Mundy Creek. After
the Town Common drainage scheme was completed in 1968 the
string of waterholes was reformed into the drainage channels
that exist today.
seen in this 2009 image Mundy Creek (blue) bears little
resemblance to the original waterway in the 1941 image above.